We pledge to be net zero by 2030
WATCH VIDEO | Let’s talk about sustainability
• We will reduce our carbon emissions by 50% across all emission scopes, aligning with climate science to keep global temperature rises to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels. We have committed to the Science Based Target initiative to ensure we have a rigorous framework to help us on our journey.We will reduce our carbon emissions by 50% across all emission scopes, aligning with climate science to keep global temperature rises to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels. We have committed to the Science Based Target initiative to ensure we have a rigorous framework to help us on our journey.
• We will launch a series of programmes designed to reduce our carbon across all of our main areas of operational activity. From now on, the lens of sustainability will inform how our buildings are powered; how artworks are packed, transported, presented and marketed; and how often we travel.
• We will divert 90% of our waste from landfill.
• We will provide all clients with packaging and printed products that are both high quality and 100% recyclable.
We will launch an annual sustainability report to ensure transparency
• We understand that making commitments is easy; following through on them is where the challenge begins. We pledge to be transparent in the progress that we make, communicating our targets and how we are working towards them clearly and openly. We will share our achievements via an annual environmental impact report and also shed light on challenges to build broader awareness.
• You can see a summary of our 2019 emissions here.
We will partner with other stakeholders to support climate-focused initiatives
• Systemic change requires collective action. We will work with others to raise awareness and tackle industry-wide challenges, from suppliers and other companies and institutions to partners and clients.
• We have joined the Gallery Climate Coalition (GCC) a non-profit organisation founded by a voluntary group of London-based gallerists and professionals. Their aim is to help the art world reduce its impact on the climate and to develop a meaningful and industry-specific response to the growing climate crisis.
• We will continue to partner on meaningful projects that have raised significant funds for environmental and climate-focused charities.