National Volunteer Week is April 18-24 in Canada and the United States, but we want to celebrate with all V Teamers regardless of your location.
We’ve got two great featured partners, along with a list of additional options for you and your families to help us celebrate a virtual Volunteer Week (and month):
National Forest Foundation
The National Forest Foundation (NFF) is the leading organization inspiring personal and meaningful connections to our National Forests, with a simple mission: Bring people together to restore and enhance our National Forests and Grasslands. Through our Citizen Verizon responsible business plan our goal is to plant 20 million trees by 2030. This partnership supports that goal as well as contributing to the World Economic Forum’s goal of planting 1 trillion trees by 2030.
Here’s how you can help. In celebration of Earth Day, which also falls within Volunteer Week, we are encouraging all Verizon & Verizon Media team members to contribute an online letter of hope and inspiration to a wildland firefighter. Firefighters protect millions of acres of our forests, our communities and our natural resources. In exchange for your kindness, the NFF will plant one hundred trees on behalf of wildland firefighters – for every ten letters received, up to 150K trees total.
Women’s Earth Alliance
Also part of the 1 trillion tree initiative, the Women’s Earth Alliance (WEA) is creating positive climate impacts such as tree-planting for climate mitigation, which has sequestered 19 million pounds of carbon while also improving food security, erosion control and women’s income through tree nursery micro-enterprises.
Here’s how you can help. Join Women’s Earth Alliance for a special tree-planting workshop. As a global partner, the WEA catalyzes women-led, grassroots solutions to protect our environment and strengthen communities from the inside out. Verizon & Verizon Media employees can participate in this and a variety of other activities with family and friends to educate, create, and grow this movement.
Here are some more awesome ways to get involved:
- Review and score applications to help Echoing Green select their next Fellowship Class of BIPOC social entrepreneurs (Black, Indigenous, and people of color). Sign up for this event must be done by April 16 to participate. (Verizon | VZMedia)
- Scope solutions that address refugee issues related to connectivity during the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) #HackABetterWorld event (Verizon | VZMedia)
- Make a virtual food bank donation to support families suffering the impact of COVID-19. An Amazon Wish List makes it easy to participate. (Verizon | VZMedia)
- Help girls across the country learn about sustainability while gaining outdoor skills by serving as a volunteer facilitator. (Verizon | VZMedia)
- Serve as a career coach for Per Scholas job-seekers. Review their resume and give them career and interview advice during a 30-minute coaching session. (Verizon | VZMedia)
Looking for something else? Don’t worry- There are hundreds more events to choose from. Visit the Volunteer Portal Verizon | Verizon Media to view a full list of events open for you or your team to participate in!
As Verizon continues to make responsible business decisions, becoming greener, and increasing connectivity for all, we V Teamers play a part in making the world a better place. We bring new ideas to our work, we work smarter and more efficiently, and when we can, we volunteer. We are Citizen Verizon.
Share your stories:
If you’re participating in our featured activities or any of the other events available in the volunteer portal, we want to hear about it.
- Take a photo of you and your family taking part in your chosen activity
- Post on social media with the hashtag #VTeam so we can connect with your activities
- Tag us @InsideVerizon on Twitter or Instagram
- And most importantly- Be…